Yuba

We went to Yuba Lake with some friends for the 4th of July, eventhough we hadn't been there before, we were suprised by how much we liked it. We took the boat down and I must say that alot of "firsts" happened for everyone. The 2nd was my 21st birthday and to my dismay, I received a wonderful little bug a.k.a. the stomach flu, and a new first of puking all night on the beach in a tent was born. Luckily I was better the next morning and was able to go out on the boat with Sarah, who experienced her first time water skiing. Her dedication paid off and she was able to ski for about 10 seconds. She told us that she was in such shock from finally being up on the skis, that she freaked and lost it. It was amazing to watch Gerritt, her little brother, go out on the water weiney and hang on. He was the most difficult for Alek to knock off the tube. He just stayed on there! He even rode the wave one handed by accident! He was trying to give the thumbs down for us to slow down and we all cheered because we couldn't see his thumb. Just a hand up in the air. LOL He stayed on and rode the wave all the way through the turn. This was also Sarah and Gerritt's first camping trip and somehow we were able to get their mother, Sandy into the boat to take pictures.


Here are some other video clips of little Maddison, who, somehow managed to tip the water weiney. No not really my unbalanced body sent us tipping and falling into the cold lake. I felt so bad cus she wouldn't stop crying. But I'm sure I'd be scared too if I was 4. She also managed to convince Alek to let her drive the boat, it's gotta be those pretty blue eyes. And you'd never know by watching this video that she had been crying. I love how kids can just change their mood so easily.


And ya know, I think she was trying to get back at me for tipping us over. I was up in the bow filming the boys on the water weiny when I happened to glance over at her and then a huge wave comes plunging over the top of me. LOL Again she defied all odds and managed to turn our boat into a swimming pool! LOL I love that sweet little girl.


Enjoy the pics!

No comments: