Good Times

For those of you who haven't met my husband, His name is Alek and he is amazing! He helps me with all my struggles and always knows exactly what to say, and more importantly, when to say it. He's considerate and caring. He'd drop anything to help someone who needed help. He loves me and I know he'd do anything for me. He has the best sense of humor and is so easy going.

Now, I know that we have hit some speed bumps, road blocks, and a couple helpless deer on the road we are traveling together. But I wouldn't take any of those things away. The company he was working for went bankrupt and he lost his job. Total bummer! He left for work and came home in a matter of minutes, I was still half asleep when he had told me he lost his job. Thoughts raced through my head, "What do I say, how do I react, I know its not his fault, what are we going to do for money?" I felt like it would be the end of us. How could we stand on our feet with only $9/hr?

Looking back at it all now, I realize that in the month he was out of a job we grew closer. We focused on us, on the little things that not too many people think about. Things that most people take for granted. I learned how to make him laugh and that no matter what we are doing we should always be happy because we have each other. We had a lot of good times too, some of them I will never forget.

Alek's little brother, Chris, wanted to spend the night a little while ago, while he was with us, we went for a drive up the canyon. We were both eating donuts and drinking sodas while Alek was driving. He says, "Hey Chris, last time we were up here we saw some wild turkeys." "Oh really?" he asked. "Yeah, we saw a bunch of them," I replied. "Honey, we saw two," Alek corrected me as both him and Chris burst into laughter at my fascination with two wild turkeys. But hey, that was more than I had seen in my entire life combined and that is considered 'a bunch' in my book. After the laughter broke out, Chris started choking on his donut which made me laugh as well and by the time Chris caught his breath all three of us were on the verge of peeing our pants. I had to stop them for a minute, because my cheeks were hurting and my abs were in total shock.

About two weeks ago we were able to drive up to vernal and spend some time with my cousins Doug and Jill. It was the craziest thing too. We were driving down redwood road and Alek says, "You should call your cousin and see if we can spend the night?" I'm thinking what is he talking about.

"I don't have a cousin that lives in Salt Lake."

"You know, what's his name...? The one that lives in vernal?

"Are you serious? You really want to drive all the way up there to spend the night?"

"Yeah why not?" So I called and we were in vernal 3 and a half hours later. (HA-HA)

No comments: