Father

The word Father means about a million different things, but the most important thing a father can do in his lifetime is leave you with many lasting memories....

He took the family fishing and I packed peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for us. He called them "chokers." I didn't fully understand the meaning of this nickname until we ate our sandwiches down by the river. He noticed that I was having difficulty swallowing, so he handed me some milk and said, "yeah... that's why they call em Chokers," as he smiled. We both laughed for a moment. Later that day mom crossed the river to get a better casting spot, soon after she snagged her line really good and fell into the river. I was the only one who caught fish that day, even though they were good for nothing Carp, he was so proud to be right there baiting my line for me.

When I was five, me and josh would draw pictures of cars, dune buggy's, trucks, if it had wheels we attempted our best. After we put the finishing touches on our masterpieces, we'd rush out the sliding glass door across, down the patio, run over rocks and a metal grate with our tiny bare feet and enter into our fathers lair. It would be his laboratory as Jeffrey would say, where he performed open heart surgery on classic cars and gave more than enough blood transfusions for Buick's. He would drop everything and give us big hugs. We'd show him our cool pictures and he'd praise us with how cool and good they were. I remember one that I drew, lol, it was a multi level blob car, where each passenger had they're own steering wheel. I can see now how that would not work but my dad was proud and hung each and every picture we ever drew for him up on the walls of the garage.

No comments: