
Unlike most people who BBQ'ed on the 4th of July, we decided that it would be fun to go to the park and win some goldfish. But when we got there we realized we were a bit out of our league. These little kids tossed pingpong balls into glass bowls and everything that went up, went in. We figured we couldn't lose with walmart. We headed straight to walmart and bought two ugly little upside down fish, as I call them, one is yellow and the other is black. We also got a fancy goldfish, a sucker fish and an eel. We got them home and started to set up the tank when we realized we didn't buy any rocks. OMG! Then we get to the water treatment and the instructions say two teaspoons for every two gallons of water. So we look on the box and no where does it say how many gallons the darn thing is. I tell you what, I was getting pretty annoyed with the whole thing at this point. Any who, we got the water in and put the fish in and headed back to the store to get some rocks. They have pink or red so we got blue. and we got some plants and decor for the tank. When we put it all in it didn't look half bad. We fed the fish and watched them for a bit.
Saturday came and we went back to Walmart. The original plan was a parrot fish and an angelfish, we found out that both of them can't live together, so we chose the angelfish. But the dumbass helping us flopped the fish right on the floor. Yeah, I don't think we will be getting that one. I think he was pretending to know what he was doing, when in reality he didn't have a clue. He was pretty entertaining to watch though. He called another guy over who was more confident handling the fish and seemed to have a decent answer to our questions. We got a puffer fish, some blue metallic colored fish and a baby crab. That crab was hilarious. When he was in the bag he kept walking into the corner, his legs were moving but he wasn't going anywhere. He was sitting in the middle of the bag when we were at the checkout lane and I noticed him wiggling his feet around. "Look, he's tap dancing!" Both me and Alek bust up laughing and I felt kinda dumb by saying that, but it really did look like he was, all he needed was a cane and a top hat. LOL
Sunday we went to breakfast with my parents at IHOP and then went to Petsmart. They had alot more fish but Alek decided on a red-clawed crab and a rainbow shark. We got some blood worms too. They are frozen nasty looking things but they come in a package that looks like a tablet pills that you punch out so you don't have to touch them. All the fish love them. Unfortunately I have some bad news, the sucker fish died today. This morning I saw him at the bottom of the tank upside down. Alek confirmed that he was dead... we had to flush him. :(
No comments:
Post a Comment